A joint venture consisting of an American & Chinese company. They are a tier 1/tier 2 manufacturer of suspension components (shock absorbers) and supply both OEMs and tier 1 companies. They are operating a brand new factory that has opened in Anji and aim to compete on a global level.
Performs a variety of purchasing and inventory planning functions in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
Performs a variety of purchasing and inventory planning functions in accordance with established company policies and procedures. Identifies and audits potential suppliers in conjunction with the Quality department. Makes sourcing decisions based on supplier qualifications, competitiveness and reliability of the supplier. Participate as a member of all new product development teams that ensures parts are appropriately sourced with suppliers and parts are delivered to support prototype, PPAP approvals, production and aftermarket (spares) needs. Conducts commodity market tests to ensure competitiveness of commodity purchases to support production needs including Aftermarket.
• Build the supply base for the company by utilizing all available resources to find low-cost, high-quality suppliers
• Develop and implement supply base strategies that improve our competitive position in our industry
• Makes sourcing decisions based on market research, supplier qualifications, and competitiveness of supplier
• Participates on new product development teams to ensure appropriate decisions are made on part sourcing
• Conducts commodity market tests to ensure competitiveness of commodity purchases
• Conducts on-site supplier visits in conjunction with Quality personnel to ensure supplier sources are appropriate for the company’s needs
• Works with Quality to ensure that proper supplier tracking metrics are implemented
• Maintains complete and accurate Purchasing files which includes documenting and updating supplier costs
• Negotiates and implements supplier agreements including non-disclosure, terms and conditions, warranty administration and long term supplier agreements
• Maintains part setup in the ERP system
• Uses ERP to make component purchases in a timely manner to support the production schedule
• Support production, quality and engineering by sourcing and purchasing necessary tools and equipment
• Five years purchasing experience; satisfactory education may substitute
• Satisfactory working knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems
• Satisfactory skill level in word processing and spreadsheet preparation
• Experience in automotive manufacturing environment preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field is desirable
• Fluency in English and Mandarin